AOTRAUMA.ORG Центр Илизарова  

Ортопедия и травматология Общие вопросы/General questions Help Информационные технологии в медицине
 ВХОД ДЛЯ ПАЦИЕНТОВ
 вверх
 поиск
 админ
 главная
 исходное

Re: Ti и нержавейка
послал V. M. Iyer 05 Декабрь 2004, 23:45
Alex,
Recently we had a discussion on the the two metals but not on the risk of infection. I am copying them for your information

"having had a long term affinity to paediatric orthopaedics, i am aware of the available literature on the subject. there is enough proof in literature re: titanium elastic nails and indeed even the latest JPO has a paper comparing stainless with titanium nails where in titanium nails have been shown to be superior on biomechanical testing"
"thirdly, the isoelastic or near isoelastic nature of titanium nails has been one of the prime reasons for the biomaterial to come into the orthopaedic market along with its biocompatibility
and relative resistance to corrosion"
finally, i request you to have alook at the following from www.machinedesign.com
Which makes the better medical nail: TITANIUM OR STAINLESS STEEL? FEA helps determine which metal makes the best nail for repairing broken legs"

" " "The literature that you mention (I have gone thru the abstracts) is about titanium ELASTIC nails for children. You cannot extrapolate that to
locked IM nails for adults" " "
" " "the only thing that I found on the smith-nephew website about titanium vs stainless steel was this in the FAQ section. "Why are the TriGen implants and screws titanium?
Due to the design of the TriGen implants, we are now able to offer a titanium nailing system with unique features and benefits that offers the surgeon a new choice. The TriGen implants are manufactured from a titanium alloy, which offers a higher fatigue life as compared to stainless
steel.Titanium implants are also MRI compatible" " "
" " "The last line of the article says "Surgeons considering stainless-steel intramedullary nails because of their increased modulus of elasticity should now consider titanium implants" " " "
" " "We are back where we started, There is no study that I have come across, which shows titanium interlocked nails to be better than stainless steel interlocked nails, in adult fractures of the femur" " "

Regards,
V M Iyer
. Iyer Orthopaedic Centre,
103,Railway lines Solapur India
Послать ответ

Имя
Email
Уведомление Сообщить мне по e-mail об ответах на это сообщение
Название
Комментарий
(Проверьте URL! Не забудьте написать http://!)
Кодировка
Если не знаете, что выбрать, выберите "Просто текст"!
Приложение
Можно приложить к сообщению файл c изображением, который затем будет доступен увидевшим сообщение.
Подготовка иллюстраций:
  • Рентгенограммы: черно-белые полутоновые изображения в формате JPEG (8 bit, greyscale) с разрешением от 300х200 до 1024х768 пикселов;
  • Клинические фотографии: полноцветные изображения в формате JPEG (24 bit, truecolor) с разрешением от 300х200 до 1024х768 пикселов;
  • Схемы и рисунки: черно-белые (2 bit) штриховые (line-art) изображения в формате GIF или compressed TIFF
  • Подберите степень сжатия файла JPEG и размер изображения таким образом, чтобы необходимые детали были различимы, но размер файла не превышал 75 кб.
  • Учтите, что текущая версия программного обеспечения Форума позволяет приложить к одному сообщению лишь один файл-вложение. Поэтому, если необходимо отправить несколько изображений, можно либо послать каждое как отдельное сообщение, либо в графическом редакторе объединить изображения в одно (сделать коллаж).
  • Если при подготовке изображений встречаются трудности, не стесняйтесь обратиться к координатору Форума.

• Введите видимые символы в обратном порядке. Enter the above characters in reverse order (*Обязательно)
    В тексте сообщения можно использовать теги HTML <B> <I> <P> <A> <LI> <OL> <UL> <EM> <BR> <TT> <HR> <STRONG> <BLOCKQUOTE> <DIV .*> <DIV> <P .*>
  • Обратите внимание: Поля с жирными названиями обязательны.
  • Старайтесь отвечать в рамках обсуждаемой темы, а не начинать новые обсуждения.
  • Указывайте адекватную тему сообщения, чтобы было ясно, о чем оно.
  • Не послайте сообщений не по теме (оффтопик), раздраженных, грубых или обидных комментариев. Здесь это неуместно.