AOTRAUMA.ORG Центр Илизарова  

Ортопедия и травматология Общие вопросы/General questions Help Информационные технологии в медицине
 вверх
 отправить
 поиск
 админ
 главная

knee replacement
Ортопедия и травматология Отправлено moayad ayoub 05 Сентябрь 2007, 23:23
This patient is a 78 y o woman, she has osteoarthritis.3 years ago she had a total right knee replacement (Zimmer LPC).
after she started towalk without a cane,she felt that her knee is (giving way).the clinical knee examination showed medial knee instability and valgus deformation of this knee.2 years ago MCL repair was achieved……and no improvement.A year ago,she had knee replacement for this knee for the second time with bigger-sized implant and no improvement…now she using crutches and knee orthosis. In attachments ,2 monthes ago x-ray images.Any suggestion?

Dr.Ayoub

<  |  >

• Сообщения о Ортопедия и травматология
  • Также moayad ayoub
  • Связаться с автором
  • Ответить

Re: knee replacement
    Rafael Vega 06 Сентябрь 2007, 07:19
    I think that you must change this implant and use a hinge type implant.
    Probably, a Hinge (Zimmer) or a RT-Plus (Smith and Nephew). This implant solve the problem a instability in the medial o lateral ligament of the knee

Best Regards,
    Rafael Vega
    COT
    Clinica San Roque
    Las Palmas
    Canary Island
    Spain
    [ Ответить ]

Dr.Rajkmar Thangaraj 06 Сентябрь 2007, 07:20
    dear sir,
    thank you for showing the medial instability after TKR for this lady. if there is only valgus /varus instabilty for this patient may be a revision TKR with constrained prosthesis from zimmer nexgen LCCK or any other revision knee system with constrained prosthesis with longer femoral and tibial stems is the one option i can think of although i must admit i don't have my personal experiance regarding the constrained prosthesis at the moment. kindly inform what
    do u think.

thanking you,
    yours sincerely,
    Dr.Rajkmar Thangaraj.
    [ Ответить ]

M. Maisigov 07 Июль 2008, 02:41
    i agree with previous authors
    there are only 3 ways to handle the problem, the first is to leave it as it is (using crutches along with a constrained knee brace); the second is another revision & using a constrained or hinged revision knee prosthesis, in this case the severity of bone loss is crucial, so don't forget about it; & the third is arthrodesis as the last resort
    [ Ответить ]

( Ответить )