AOTRAUMA.ORG Центр Илизарова  

Ортопедия и травматология Общие вопросы/General questions Help Информационные технологии в медицине
 вверх
 отправить
 поиск
 админ
 главная

adult genu valgum
Ортопедия и травматология Отправлено Dr Neeraj Bijlani 10 Август 2008, 20:26
hello sirs, he is a 21 year old male short heighted thin built with failed conservative treatment tried for ? post rcketic deformity in childhood and teenage with bilateral genu valgum with intermalleolar distance 14cm and no flat foot,
the deformity is in the femur as it fully corrects on flexion of the knee his main complaint is that his knee knocks while walkingand pain in both knees while walking

my question here is 1. which correction is more reliable a medial closed wedge or a lateral opening wedge osteotomy with bone graft

2. if medial then what implant and if lateral then what implant ?

please advice

my plan is to do a lateral opening wedge osteotomy with bone graft but i am a little confused about the implant (lower end femur locking plate or some other implant)

Dr Neeraj Bijlani

<  |  >

• Сообщения о Ортопедия и травматология
  • Также Dr Neeraj Bijlani
  • Связаться с автором
  • Ответить

Re: adult genu valgum
    Dr Kashif Ashfaq 10 Август 2008, 20:46
    I think, correction with Ilizarov external fixator would be a better choice.

Kashif
    [ Ответить ]

anurag dixit 10 Август 2008, 20:49
    We have corrected one case of genu valgum in 21 year old female bilateral case right side > than left . only right side was corrected with ilizarov technique. patient was comfortable with mild deformity of left. i will post photographs also in a few days.

ilizarov is the best answer to this problem. Some (10-15 degree) loss of knee motion may occur if physio is not good.
    [ Ответить ]

Odessky Jacob M.D. 13 Август 2008, 14:45
    Dear colleagues! I recommend to augment the preoperative assessment by CT ROTATIONAL PROFILE, because such pathology▐ often accompanies with hip retroversion.And lateral projection in 30 degrees flexion of knees to investigate patellae Alta.
    Correction of deformity by Ilizarov method using Ilizarov classic' Ilizarov hexapod apparatus or Taylor spatial frame - are techniques of choice. All the best

--
    Odessky Jacob M.D.
    Orthopedic Surgeon
    Leg Lengthening and Reconstruction

[ Ответить ]

( Ответить )