AOTRAUMA.ORG Центр Илизарова  

Ортопедия и травматология Общие вопросы/General questions Help Информационные технологии в медицине
 ВХОД ДЛЯ ПАЦИЕНТОВ
 вверх
 поиск
 админ
 главная
 исходное

Re: rami nonunions
послал Milton L. Routt 16 Октябрь 2010, 01:03
I’ve operated on 30-35 similar symptomatic patients... usually females in that same age range and most with prior trauma and then with sustained chronic activity related pain due to presumed insufficient healing and resultant ring instability (enough to hurt but not displace too much)...almost all have xray evidence of most of us would consider “hypertrophic” ramus nonunions, and most all have some form of sacral or other posterior ring corresponding injury.

If you examine them for mechanical ring instability, you’ll feel them collapse in your hands as you do... most are overweight to fat to downright obese so the mechanical examination can be a real challenge, but when you anesthetize them you can repeat it under fluoroscopy and see the ramus collapse and displace.

I’ve always inserted/packed/filled them up with medullary ramus screws anteriorly and then filled them posteriorly with multiple iliosacral screws at multiple levels as possible based on numerous clinical osteological factors.

Greg Altman was a visiting surgeon at HMC about 12 years ago and published one of my first patients that I noted with this problem treated percutaneously....she was one of the first ones that I noticed with this condition when I thought that these were rare and unusual.

Altman GT, Altman DT, Routt ML Jr. Symptomatic hypertrophic pubic ramus nonunion treated with a retrograde medullary screw. J Orthop Trauma 2000;14:582–5.

You can send them to the metabolic workup expert after they are stabilized...they get around much better then.

I’ve never made them stop smoking, but few even do smoke.

Some think that they are crazy because they’ve seen so many physicians and surgeons by the time they get to you...some have been to pain clinics and psychiatrists but they just hurt and can’t get around.

Some have urinary symptoms that resolve after stabilization.

Their bone quality and fat can frustrate the routine operative pelvic imaging but that’s no different for those with acute ring injuries, so you should be used to that by now.

We stabilized percutaneously a similar 54yo lady recently with 4 months old bilateral anterior and posterior ring injuries....she called in 2 weeks after surgery to ask when she could have sex again, and then promptly checked out of the nursing facility and is walking against our advice when I told her that she could have sex whenever it didn’t hurt her.

If you stabilize them simplistically, they get comfortable quickly, heal, and enjoy their lives.

I did one “atrophic” symptomatic ramus nonunion percutaneously about 2 years ago and it took her about 3 months to get comfortable...she was extremely active after surgery and hurt longer than she should have and her films were slow to show union...I was concerned that she was not going to heal, but she did but slower than her hypertrophic friends.

mlcr
Послать ответ

Имя
Email
Уведомление Сообщить мне по e-mail об ответах на это сообщение
Название
Комментарий
(Проверьте URL! Не забудьте написать http://!)
Кодировка
Если не знаете, что выбрать, выберите "Просто текст"!
Приложение
Можно приложить к сообщению файл c изображением, который затем будет доступен увидевшим сообщение.
Подготовка иллюстраций:
  • Рентгенограммы: черно-белые полутоновые изображения в формате JPEG (8 bit, greyscale) с разрешением от 300х200 до 1024х768 пикселов;
  • Клинические фотографии: полноцветные изображения в формате JPEG (24 bit, truecolor) с разрешением от 300х200 до 1024х768 пикселов;
  • Схемы и рисунки: черно-белые (2 bit) штриховые (line-art) изображения в формате GIF или compressed TIFF
  • Подберите степень сжатия файла JPEG и размер изображения таким образом, чтобы необходимые детали были различимы, но размер файла не превышал 75 кб.
  • Учтите, что текущая версия программного обеспечения Форума позволяет приложить к одному сообщению лишь один файл-вложение. Поэтому, если необходимо отправить несколько изображений, можно либо послать каждое как отдельное сообщение, либо в графическом редакторе объединить изображения в одно (сделать коллаж).
  • Если при подготовке изображений встречаются трудности, не стесняйтесь обратиться к координатору Форума.

• Введите видимые символы в обратном порядке. Enter the above characters in reverse order (*Обязательно)
    В тексте сообщения можно использовать теги HTML <B> <I> <P> <A> <LI> <OL> <UL> <EM> <BR> <TT> <HR> <STRONG> <BLOCKQUOTE> <DIV .*> <DIV> <P .*>
  • Обратите внимание: Поля с жирными названиями обязательны.
  • Старайтесь отвечать в рамках обсуждаемой темы, а не начинать новые обсуждения.
  • Указывайте адекватную тему сообщения, чтобы было ясно, о чем оно.
  • Не послайте сообщений не по теме (оффтопик), раздраженных, грубых или обидных комментариев. Здесь это неуместно.