AOTRAUMA.ORG Центр Илизарова  

Ортопедия и травматология Общие вопросы/General questions Help Информационные технологии в медицине
 вверх
 отправить
 поиск
 админ
 главная
 Предыдущее

Re: Ятрогенный перелом
Peter Trafton 17 Июнь 2003, 17:07
I don't think I've seen such a proximal tibial fracture ? through nail entry site in many more than 80 IM nailings. How did you prepare the entry and introduce the nail? Any information that might help us avoid similar problems? Presumably no evidence of fracture there before?

I'm not sure the 45 degree screw (I assume through the nail) would do much good - too low.

I'd fix with 2 lag screws from front to back, angled proximally, one on each side of the nail, starting low enough to have thick enough bone anteriorly. I'd probably use a posteromedial plate to "neutralize", but imagine the same could be done with an ex fix.

Good luck,

Peter Trafton
Rhode Island Hospital

• Сообщения о Ортопедия и травматология
  • Также Peter Trafton
  • Связаться с автором
  • Ответить

Re: Ятрогенный перелом
    Alexander Chelnokov 18 Июнь 2003, 20:42
    PT> nail entry site in many more than 80 IM nailings.

My colleagues attended AO basic course recently reported about a half such fractures on artificial bones used at a workshop on the technique :-)

PT> How did you prepare the entry and introduce the nail?

As usual by an awl. I assisted our resident, a very graceful and subtle girl so all looked very gently and delicate. All the surgery may hands was itching to take away the hammer and show her what is a real impact...

PT> Any information that might help us avoid similar problems?

Intuitively i suppose two probable reasons - too low entry hole and the awl wasn't penetrated deep enough.

PT> Presumably no evidence of fracture there before?

Exactly. Except no complaints about the site before the surgery.

PT> I'm not sure the 45 degree screw (I assume through the nail) would

[...]

PT> do much imagine the same could be done with an ex fix.

Agree. THX for the suggestion, it supported my plan. Xrays in the next reply.
    [ Ответить ]

( Ответить )